Are you a runner with high arches who has been using the wrong flat shoes all this time? Or do you have a naturally rigid foot and are suffering from ankle sprains and heel injuries? Or perhaps you are googling online to find the best shoe for high arches? Then you have come to the right place!
We know that if you have high arches, you’ll be stuck with this pain throughout your life. But we have good news for you. This blog will unfold all the specially designed footwear that have been engineered by the top shoe companies with excellent cushioning features and contours to support high arches.
What are High Arches?
It is an unusual curving of the underfoot between the heel and the ball of the front foot. It is an inherited permanent structural abnormality. People with high arches also known as cavus feet suffer from immense pain during long walks. This happens because your heels and front foot experience immense body weight pressure on these two areas.
How Are the Best Shoes for High Arches Different from Normal Running Shoes?
People with high arches touch less foot on the ground, hence they require shoes with special features of orthopedics to provide relief during the walk. Not just this, many other characteristics make them different from normal shoes.
High Arch Support:
It puts less pressure on Achilles’ tendons, thus improving metatarsal pain.
Protective padding helps in relieving pain at the front foot and heels.
Insoles & Orthotics:
Insoles have well-shaped arches to support low, medium, or high arches.
So, scroll down below and read about our top recommended footwear for people with high arches.
Let’s get started and find the right sneakers the best fits your foot type.
List Of the Best Shoes for High Arches
- Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Shoe
- RYKA Women’s Devotion Walking Shoe
- Skechers Women’s Gratis-Strolling Sneaker
- CLARKS Women’s Sillian Bella Mary Jane Flat
- New Balance Women’s Fuel Core Nergize V1 Sneaker
- Skechers Women’s D’Lites Memory Foam Lace-up Sneaker
- Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid GTX High Rise Hiking Boots
- SALOMON Women’s SPEEDCROSS 4 WIDE W, Trail Running Footwear
- Men’s Womens Winter Ankle Snow Hiking Boots Warm Water-Resistant Non-Slip Soft Lined
- Men Women Shock Absorbing Air Running Shoes Trainers for Multi-Sport Athletic Jogging Fitness 34-46EU
Our Top Favorite Picks
Sketchers have introduced footwear for males called Energy Afterburn Shoe. The company manufactures its outer body from eco-friendly pure leather. This gives a high-end and vintage look to the footwear. Also, it makes them more breathable & durable than man-made shoes.
Being an imported commodity, it has a rubber outsole. This protects you from slip accidents on wet, snowy, and oily surfaces. The lightweight shoe underside provides good traction and grip on such terrains. The rubber material at the bottom provides good elasticity during running and wear resistance for longer use.
It has a heel height of 1.5 inches. This wedge at the heel protects you from suffering from plantar fasciitis. The elevated heel will provide you an increment in height and give stability to the posterior portion of the body. It also has soft fabric shoe lining that keeps your feet comfortable and allows smoother slip-on.
- 1.5 inches heel height
- Imported & weighs 12 ounces
- 100% pure leather outer body
- Water & Slip-resistant Rubber bottom sole
- Soft fabric shoe lining for comfortable shoe space
- Available in four different colors (Black, white, grey navy blue)
The team of RYKA has designed an iconic shoe for women. It’s called Devotion walking shoe. It uses pure fabric for the production of its outer body. This allows enhanced breathability through a micro-perforation mechanism in the textile-based body. It gives a flexible, softer, and elastic feel to the shoe.
Being an imported sneaker, it has a rubber bottom sole. This gives the shoe a lighter feel. Hence, the lower limbs do not have to exert a lot of force for every step. Plus, it will safeguard your knees from any unfortunate slip accidents on wet or snowy terrains. Rubber material protects your favorite sneaker from corrosion caused by different environmental hazards.
It has a criss-cross lacing mechanism that adds a stylish touch to the overall look of the shoe. Plus, Plus, it provides grip and proper fitting to the feet while running. It has a RE-ZORB cushioned foam midsole that absorbs high-impact striking and rebounds during workouts.
Moreover, it contains a padded tongue and collar to provide a smooth slide-in. It has removable inserts present at the footbed to provide relief and protection to your feet’ health.
- Available in six different colors
- Imported & weighs 10.3 ounces
- Water & slip-resistant rubber sole
- 100% pure fabric-based outer body
- Lace-up walking shoe for better foot grip
- Padded tongue and collar comfortable shoe space
- Removable inserts in the footbed to provide relief to foot
- RE-ZORB cushioned foam midsole for maximum shock absorption
Sketchers has introduced a women’s footwear line for strolling. Its name is Gratis Sneaker. The designing team uses a combination of textile and synthetic raw materials for the manufacturing of its outer body. This is an imported product and has a good range of color options available which includes Bbk, wsl, ccl, black grey, navy blue, silver, white, etc.,
It has a rubber sole at the bottom. So, even if you are living in Canada or Sri Lanka this sole will protect you on snowy and wet surfaces respectively. Thus, if you are enjoying a leisure stroll in the park, the softer outsole will give you a comfortable walk.
It has a memory foam insole that provides premium quality cushioning and padding to the feet. It will minimize the stress exertion on the knees, heels, and ankles. Plus, it helps in reducing the high shock impact during running.
- Weighs 6.2 ounces
- Imported or Made in China
- Available in 10 different colors
- Lightweight & softer rubber sole
- Outer body raw materials: textile and synthetic
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch
- Memory foam insole for premium cushioning and shock reduction
CLARKS has crafted an extraordinary shoe for females. It’s named Sillian Bella Mary Jane Flat. Its outer body uses pure synthetic material for production. This makes the overall shoe lightweight and wrinkle-free.
It is an imported product, with rubber outer soles at the bottom side. This will safeguard your lower limbs & spinal cords from injuries. Since these soles have slip-resistant properties, hence it will protect you from accidents, bruises, and head wounds.
These are cloud steppers with EVA midsole & cushion soft technology. This provides a feather-like lightweight walk to the user. You will experience less exertion of lower ligaments while strolling. One can enjoy an effortless athletic workout in such sneakers with nonstop comfort.
It has a heel height of around 1.35 inches. This protects your forefoot from feeling too much pressure, hence protecting you from plantar fasciitis. The thicker the material under the heel, the maximum it will absorb the landing impact. It has an Ortholite footbed to provide unparalleled comfort to your foot while standing or doing high-intensity workouts.
- Imported & weighs 6 Ounces
- 100% pure synthetic exterior body
- Soft & corrosion-resistant rubber sole
- Shoe heel height of around 1.35 inch
- Ortholite footbed for premium cushioning and comfy walk
- Cloud steppers shoe with EVA midsole + Cushion Soft Technology
- Available in four different colors (Black, Sand Synthetic Nubuck, Navy blue & Brown)
New balance has brought into the market the most comfortable sneakers. They are called Fuel Core Nergize V1. These shoes use a mixture of raw materials I.e., synthetic & mesh upper body to provide a sturdy & breathable exterior structure.
It is imported footwear with a rubber bottom sole. This protects against corrosion when you walk on rugged terrains and due to environmental hazards. It uses a lightweight REVlite midsole that provides unparallel cushioning for a smoother stride. This allows you to enjoy a comfortable walk throughout the day.
In the underfoot, it has NB memory sole comfort. This allows you to experience a plush feel and energized kinetic energy in every step. It has a sleek and stylish cut of a contemporary bootie style design, which snuggles around your feet to provide good fitting and grip.
It is available in a huge variety of colors like Fiji, smoked salt, air blue, rose gold, and many more that you can pair with your dressing.
- Lightweight & weighs 5.3 ounces
- Imported with rubber bottom sole
- Has a contemporary bootie design
- 100% pure synthetic& mesh outer body
- Revlite midsole for extra lightweight cushioning
- NB memory sole comfort for a plush feel during the walk
- Fuel Core Nergize sneaker available in 32 different colors
Sketchers have launched into the shoe industry D’Lite Memory Foam Lace-up sneaker. The company uses a mixture of leather and synthetic raw material for the manufacturing of the outer body. This provides a sturdy look and durable properties to the shoe. These eco-friendly ingredients allow the footwear to enjoy increased breathability and extra comfort features.
At the bottom side, it has a rubber outer sole. This gives the footwear anti-slip properties, giving it good elongation. This will reduce your chances of fall accidents on multiple terrains. Hence, saving your muscles and tissues from any severe damage.
It has a limited range of shades available; only Black/white. It has a heel height of 1 1/4 inches. This will protect your front feet area from any damage due to pressure exertion. Being a lightweight platform shoe, it has a sole thickness of 1 inch. This will help in elevating your height and give you a good look.
- Weighs 10.6 Ounces
- Imported with bottom rubber sole
- Water-resistant & flexible outer sole
- Available in one shade I.e., Black/white
- Lightweight & heel height of 1 1/4 inches
- The outer body of leather and synthetic material
- Platform shoes with a thick sole of around 1 inch
Merrell’s Moab 2 is the perfect hiking boot for high arches. It has a manmade inner lining that absorbs all the sweat and creates a silky feel for the foot space. It has a rubber outsole which gives a lightweight feel to the shoe. It provides good traction on multiple terrains like wet snowy and greasy. It protects you from any severe slip accidents or heel injuries.
The lace-up mechanism gives good fitting and provides good adjustability to the foot. It gives the option of nine different colors like Red Brick Dust Winetasting Apple Butter, Black Metallic, Blue Poseidon Eggshell Blue Black, Blue Blue Jay Black, Poseidon Eggshell Blue Black, Red Tibetan Red Sangria, Grey Quarry Acai, Turquoise Meadowbrook Black Exotic Orange.
It has a waterproof synthetic plus meshes upper body to protect your feet in rainy weather. The molded nylon arch shank saves your shoe from losing structure and shape. Moreover, it has air cushioning technology that provides premium quality shock absorption capacity. Even the bellow’s tongue at the footwear insert protects any debris inlet.
- Man-made inner lining
- Rubber outsole with a flat heel
- Imported & weighs 907.18 Grams
- A lace-Up mechanism for snug fitting
- Available in 9 different catchy tones
- Waterproof synthetic and mesh top body
- Synthetic leather toe cap and heel counter
- Molded nylon arch shank to provide stability
- Air cushion technology in the heel for shock absorption
- Bellow’s tongue blocks sand & debris entry in shoe space
The designing team of SALOMON has brought into the market an amazing trail running footwear called women’s speed cross. It is a very versatile shoe that has a mixture of synthetic & textile-based exterior bodies. This feature makes the shoe more breathable and lightweight. The fabric overlays add a lot of styling and design to the overall look of the shoe.
The interior of the shoe space has a fabric lining which allows the user to enjoy an easy slip-on and smoother feel. You will experience no rubbing and can experience a comfortable walk. It has a quick lacing system which adds a fashionable touch to the outer appearance and provides good grip to the foot. It contains mesh inserts that block all the pebbles, debris, and sand from getting inside.
The shoe features a removable Ortholite insole to suck away all the moisture and sweat during the walk. It has an EVA midsole which distributes the weight all over shoe contours and provides a stable stride. Hence, all its attributes make it a perfect choice for long-distance running in hilly or forest areas because it has non-slip soles.
- Weighs 277.83 Grams
- Available in 9 different colors
- Quick lacing system for easy slip-on
- Synthetic & textile-based outer body
- Inner fabric lining for softer shoe space
- No debris & pebbles in shoes due to mesh insert
- Removable OrthoLite insole for moisture management
- Ethylene Vinyl Acetate foamy midsole for a light flexible feel
- Best for long-distance off-road running in the mountains or forest; Anti-slip
This is a snow hiking boot with an exterior structure of artificial leather. The company is against the use of killing animals to obtain real leather. Hence, they manufacture shoes from synthetic leather which makes the foot durable and affordable. This material gives the outer body of the shoe the benefit of no fading of color due to ultra-violet radiations plus it safeguards the shoe from stains and scratches.
It is an imported sneaker, with EVA midsole & anti-skid TRP outer sole with high friction coefficient to provide stronger traction in multiple types of terrains like wet, snowy, or greasy.it has an elastic lacing system to add a fashionable statement to the outer look. Also, it saves the foot from losing fitting.
It has a thermoplastic rubber toe cap which is highly elastic and has anti-collision properties. This will safeguard your front foot from any injury in case you hit hard things. It has a warm interior fur lining that helps in regulating the temperature of your feet. This will give it a comfy and pleasant feel in the shoe space.
Hence, all these features make footwear the best fit for mountaineering, strolling with your dog, or even while shopping.
- Imported & weighs 1.65 pounds
- High grip & anti-slip rubber soles
- Elastic lacing system for a flexible top
- Available in 19 different catchy shades
- Thick soft lining to keep shoe space warm & cozy
- EVA midsole plus anti-skid TRP outsole for better traction
- Artificial Leather for durable, scratch less & fashionable look
- Anti-collision toecap to minimize hit impact from hard things
- Ideal for multi-purpose activities like casual walking, hiking, skiing, etc.,
This running trainer is yet another amazing choice for people with high arches. This footwear has a textile & synthetic-based top body. It makes it extremely breathable and provides optimal stretch while running. This fabric-based exterior body adds a little design and style to the overall look of the shoe.
It has a Crisscross lacing system that helps in the alignment of the foot and the upper body. It has a heel height of 3 centimeters. This little wedge at the rearfoot protects your heel from directly striking the ground. It gives the consumer a good taller look thus reducing the chances of your feet suffering from plantar fasciitis.
The outer body has three layers of synthetic mesh and overlays that provide good air and an outlet for ventilation in the toe box. This keeps the feet dry, moisture & sweat-free. It has a bottom rubber anti-slip sole. This helps in enhancing your performance by safeguarding you from unfortunate fractures & fall injuries.
It has a huge range of color choices to add a fashionable sporty touch to the appearance of the shoe. This footwear is the best fit for running, walking, playing basketball, and even pairs well with casual dressing.
- Weighs 480 grams
- A lace-up mechanism for better grip & hold of the foot
- Available in 22 different sporty fashionable colors
- Anti-slip outer rubber sole with 3 inches heel height
- Upper textile & synthetic-based body for enhanced comfort
- Synthetic-Three Layer Mesh Upper 7 overlays for accelerated breathability
Buyer’s Guide -Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Shoes for High Arches
Below are some of the key factors that you must look out for before making a final purchasing decision.
The footbed inserts pose a huge impact on your foot’s health. If these insoles have a poor fitting, then it won’t help in providing optimal arch support. Hence to enjoy a good comfort level, prevent blisters and overpronation, you must make sure removable insoles are present in the shoe.
Excellent Footbed Cushioning:
Good layers of foamy padding can help in maximum shock absorption. It will help in sucking away all the high-intensity kinetic energy that strikes your heels, knees, and lower limb joints. It will you to enjoy a comfortable walk by reducing the strain on leg muscles. Hence, people with high arches should buy shoes with good cushioning.
Lightweight Body Structure:
A bulky and heavy shoe can put a lot of strain on your calf muscles and every step requires an immense amount of exertion to move forward. Footwear with an easy walk experience proves to be an anti-fatigue option for people with high arches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Is walking barefoot good for high arches?
If you have high arches, walking barefoot can multiply your chances of suffering from heel pain. This happens because when you run or walk for extended periods on tough surfaces it puts a lot of pressure on the arch and depresses the heel pad.
Q) What walking shoes are good for high arches?
Generally, shoes with a wider base, replaceable insoles that can accommodate orthotics can provide comfort and stability during walks for people with high arches.
Q) Do I need arch support if I have high arches?
Yes, you need it if you suffer from high arches because it helps in minimizing the pressure felt on foot and heels. The supporting system distributes the weight all across the foot sole and prevents strain on certain points.
Q) Is it bad to have high arches in your feet?
Yes, high arches can cause your heel to twist pointing towards the middle of your body, leading to foot and ankle imbalance. This will multiple the risk of sprains in your ankles.
Q) Is it better to have high arches or flat feet?
You can use both of them, but shoes with high arches are tough and have too much support. Hence, people commonly use flat feet.
Visit for reviews on Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men