The concept of one design fits all has become outdated in today’s century. Because every foot shape, body type & work condition demands a different type of footwear. Hence, out of hundreds of models buying the right sneakers for heavier runners can be a difficult task.
But, don’t worry! We have got your back. Our research team has picked the best running shoes for heavy men. So, let’s get down and explore more about it!
How Over Weight Can Affect Your Feet?
The extra weight of your body puts increased pressure on your hip joint and lower limbs. But this elongated stress can make your foot health worse resulting in unbearable pain. This can even make nominal walking extremely difficult and uncomfortable for you.
Thus, standing for long hours with a heavy body mass will damage and wear out all your ligament connective tissues and joints in your feet. You can suffer from multiple issues 7 conditions like:
- Toe swelling
- Achilles Tendons & bunions
- Flat feet or Plantar Fasciitis
- Pain in the forefoot 7 ankles
- Discomfort in the back of the heel
List of Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men
Hence, to protect your feet from such Musco skeletal issues you must select the right pair of shoes according to your body mass. here is the list of the Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men.
- Brooks Men’s Beast 20
- Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 20
- Saucony Men’s Echelon 8 Running Shoe
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 23 Running Shoes
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 22 Running Shoes
- Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 24 Running Shoe
- HOKA ONE ONE Men’s Bondi 6 Running Shoe
- HOKA ONE ONE Men’s Clifton 7 Running Shoe
- Brooks Glycerin 19 Men’s Neutral Running Shoe
- New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam Roav V1 Running Shoe
Our Most Favorite Picks
From spacious toe box to good underfoot cushioning, Brooks Men’s Beast 20 is an iconic running shoe. Made in the USA, this footwear has an anti-slip & lightweight rubber outsole that will protect you from accidents.
Brooks due to its amazing design and features has earned the certification of PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe. This will help in providing heel-to-toe comfort to such patients, hence protecting them from heel injuries due to high impact.
The bottom has a DNA LOFT cushioning to absorb all the high-energy shocks. Even the guide rails provide the perfect stability to the foot at the heel bone area. This will protect you from collapsing due to the arch rolling inwards. That’s why these shoes are considered one of the Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men.
The top body features engineered upper mesh for improved breathability. This will allow ventilation in the shoe space to inhibit the buildup of sweat smell and bacterial growth. Brooks has also added holistic support to safeguard your most sensitive area in lower limbs I.e., your knees from any wounds and bruises from falling.
- Weighs 2 pounds
- Manufactured in the USA
- Slip-resistant bottom rubber sole
- A certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe
- Available in two colors (greyish blue & black)
- DNA LOFT Cushioning for a comfortable walk
- Engineered mesh upper for increased breathability
- Embroidered saddle and eye stay for an enhanced look
- Guiderails providing stability and better positing to the body
- Holistic support in the injury-prone area of a runner’s body: their knees.
Product Highlights :
Brooks has designed yet another outstanding footwear for overweight men to provide a comfortable walk. The popular feature of guide rails will keep your knee joints safe from any unfortunate accidents due to slipping.
Moreover, Designers have added a waterproof rubber outsole to provide a lightweight feel and good traction in multiple terrains. This low-profile shoe, has a premium quality high energizing cushioning that will such away high kinetic energy rebounds and impacts.
Thus, this makes it an ideal shoe for running, gym sessions, and cross-training. The company gives a choice of a huge range of colors like greyish blue, reddish-black, platinum, greyish red, ebony, burnt ochre, etc.,
To make it perfect for runners, the product designers have incorporated the DNA loft Crash Pad cushions which work in coordination with Bio Mogo DNA to minimize the striking impacts. In addition to this, to add height to the outer look it has a mesh outer body with a 3D fit print. That’s why these shoes are considered one of the Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men.
- Weighs 1.8 pounds
- GuideRails to protect knees
- Available in 23 different colors
- Water & slip-resistant rubber sole
- Lightweight with a low-profile look
- High energizing cushioning for support & stability
- Best for road running, gym workouts, and cross-training
- The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions with Bio MoGo DNA for a balanced stride
- Engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print for better breathability & good looks
Saucony promises to provide the most comfortable shoes for heavy-weight men. Manufactured in Vietnam, the designers have given a choice of five colors to the users which include (blackish white, alloy black, shadow mulberry, storm black, etc.,)
In this shoe model, the product designers have added an anti-corrosion rubber outsole. This will protect your footwear from quick wear and tear in tough terrains. For the manufacturing of the exterior body, the engineers have chosen synthetic & mesh as raw materials. This will provide the benefit of lightweight structuring & enhanced breathability.
It has a feature of FORM FIT to provide extra spacious foot space. The 3D heel counter will safeguard your rear foot from injury due to the high impact striking of the ground. The midfoot sole provides elasticity and improved foot balance. Moreover, being a vegan shoe, it has PWRRUN cushioning that offers high-quality comfort to walk many miles. That’s why these shoes are considered one of the Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men.
- Weighs 1.9 pounds
- Imported or made in Vietnam
- Available in five different colors
- Corrosion-resistant bottom rubber sole
- Synthetic-and-mesh used for the outer body
- Spacious FORM FIT construction for a roomy foot space
- 3D heel counter for enhanced performance and elasticity
- Lightweight midfoot support panel for better foot stability
- New PWRRUN cushioning to provide softness & comfort for long walks
- Lighter Footprint with a vegan outer body made of recycled upper materials.
ASICS has shoes for all kinds of runners. But Gel-Nimbus 23 has been crafted especially for overweight people. The company has introduced this model in 12 colors which include (digital aqua, carrier grey, classic red, reborn blue, hazard green, piedmont grey, creamy putty, etc.,)
In fact, Being a lightweight product, it has an engineered mesh upper to provide good air in and outlet. This will help in moisture management in the shoe space. The advanced Flyte Foam Propel Technology coupled with gel technology unparallel cushioning for a softer and foamy footbed feel.
The OrthoLite X-55 sock liner will give a pleasant inner shoe space feel. Moreover, the elastic rubber outsole will provide the optimal flexibility needed during high-intensity running marathons.
- Weighs 2 Pounds
- Lightweight rubber outsole
- Available in 12 catchy colors
- Imported or manufactured in Vietnam
- Engineered Mesh Upper for enhanced ventilation
- Flyte Foam Propel Technology for a foamy & bouncy feel
- FLYTEFOAM technology for lightweight footbed cushioning
- OrthoLite X-55 sock liner to give the better shoe space comfort
- GEL technology cushioning for premium shock absorption properties
ASICS has launched iconic footwear for bulky people. It is manufactured in the USA with 24 different color options for the user. This includes glacier grey, black knit, tuna blue, electric blue, orange pop, grey floss, safety yellow black, pure silver, etc., Hence you can buy whatever color best fits your personality.
The product designers use a combination of synthetic and mesh raw materials for the production of shoe exterior structures. It has a heel clutching system technology that provides optimal heel fitting in the rear foot. The fluid foam midsole technology provides the shoe with the sharp responsiveness needed during running.
Moreover, the fluid fit upper gives the stretchable and flexible upper body that provides good adaptivity according to feet postures. The rearfoot & forefoot gel technology gives excellent shock absorption characteristics to the shoe. This will safeguard your ankles and lower limb joints from getting hurt due to high impacts.
- Made in the USA
- Weighs 1.65 Pounds
- Available in 24 different colors
- Synthetic-and-mesh material exterior body
- Heel Clutching System Technology for better heel fitting in shoe space
- Fluid Fit Upper gives omnidirectional stretch for good foot adaptability
- Flyte Foam Midsole Technology for an improved bounce back and responsiveness
- Rearfoot and forefoot GEL technology for maximum shock & impact absorption
- FluidRide Midsole for good lightweight cushioning properties with superior durability
Mizuno’s has crafted wave rider 24 for overweight male runners. It is available in four different shades like Mood Indigo-hydro, Safety Yellow-nimbus Cloud, Lunar Rock-nimbus Cloud, Castlerock-phantom.
On the bottom side, it has a U4ic midsole for maximum impact absorption properties. Hence, protecting your lower limb tendons and ligaments from shocks due to high kinetic energy. It contains Mizuno Energy foam for a bouncy and lightweight springy walk.
Plus, the product designers have added X10 durable carbon rubber sole to provide protection against wear and tear while running on rugged terrains. This way the shoe will enjoy a long and durable life.
Moreover, It has inbuilt features for a smoother ride experience, making every transition from heel to toe easier and comfortable. The Mizuno wave plate helps in diffusing all the kinetic energy during running from a single point of impact to the entire foot space.
- Imported product
- Weighs 9.8 ounces
- Available in four varied colors
- U4ic Midsole for high-quality shock absorption property
- Responsive Mizuno Energy foam for a springy and easy stride
- X10 durable carbon rubber outsole for good wear & tear resistance
- Smooth ride characteristics for easy transition from heel to toe during the walk
- The Mizuno wave Plate distribute energy from the point of impact to the broad foot area
HOKA One One has brought into the market the best shoes with high-quality bottom soles. It contains the thickest outsole that protects from instant wear and tear. Moreover, It is available in nine different colors which include Rio red, Majolica Blue, Steel grey, Black, Galaxy Blue, Anthracite, Citrus, Frost Grey, Blue, etc.,
Being a vegan shoe, it does not use any animal product. The slopy heel design provides the perfect elasticity and flexibility for easier posture transitions during running. In fact, The internal heel counter provides excellent rearfoot fitting to the user. Because an ill-fitting heel will result in slip accidents. Also, the rubber sole provides greater traction to the foot.
The footwear has meta rockers that are specially designed to provide forward drive to the runners. Also, its contours best fit with the natural gait cycle offering greater compatibility. The top body has mesh designing which helps in enhanced air ventilation in shoe space. The EVA midsole for unparallel shock absorption capacity.
- Long-lasting rubber outsole
- Available in nine different colors
- Purely Vegan & weighs 1.7 pounds
- Slopy heel designed for easy move transitions
- Internal heel counter to give good fitting & protection
- Lycra comfort frame heel section to provide optimal support
- Refined early-stage Meta-Rocker the finest walking experience
- Engineered mesh construction for superior breathability and comfort
- Full-length compression-molded EVA midsole for maximum shock absorption
HOKA One One’s Clifton 7 has all the features the runner is looking for. It contains a vertical pull tab for a softer and effortless slide in the foot space. Moreover, The reinforced eye stays, which is the part around the lace opening that helps in providing good grip and durability to the shoe.
It has an average weight which makes it ideal to put less exertion during every step while running. The Meta-Rocker will help provide the right forward energy input to runners. It further helps in minimizing the height difference between the heel & toe as this influences the foot strike.
The footwear has a lightweight mesh gusset that will aid in reducing friction at the foot top. It provides good breathability and semi-rigid material to keep the tongue of the shoe in a static position. Plus, the designers have added a mesh exterior body for enhanced ventilation in the shoe space.
- Weighs 1.7 pounds
- New vertical pull tab for smoother slip on
- The reinforced eye stays to give a longer life to the shoe
- Early-stage Meta-Rocker protect from a bumpy stride
- A lightweight mesh gusset keeps the tongue fixed in position
- Open-engineered mesh top construction for better breathability
Brooks Glycerin 19 is a neutral running shoe designed in eight different colors which include blue nightlife, black ebony, quarry grey, white & black, peacoat, red clay, orange blue, etc., It has an optimal weight and due to its beneficial foot design, it has earned the APMA seal of acceptance.
It has a synthetic sole that protects the shoe bottom while running in multiple terrains. The internal stretchable bootie with a plush feel provides good kick-off energy during the run-up. On the outside, it has a mesh structure that allows good airflow in shoe space.
Last but not the least, the DNA Loft helps in offering premium footbed cushioning to provide a less bumpy walking experience with reduced hurting in the feet.
- Weighs 1.41 pounds
- Available in eight colors
- Possess an APMA Seal of Acceptance
- An imported shoe with a synthetic outsole
- Best fit for road running, cross-training, the gym
- Internal flexible bootie with plush feel in the foot
- Neutral support with maximum footbed cushioning
- Engineered mesh upper for enhanced breathability
- Pillow soft cushioning with DNA Loft to give painless running experience
- Internal flexible bootie with plush transition zones for easy heel to toe transitions
New balance’s latest design called Fresh Foam Roav V1 is the best fit for overweight running lovers. It has a low heel-to-toe height of 8 mm that helps in stable landing and balanced lower limb muscle engagement.
Moreover, This imported footwear is currently available in a huge variety of colors like velocity red, varsity golden, dark Neptune, UV blue, Natural indigo, vivid cobalt, marble head, raincloud, energy red, and many more.
Being a platform shoe with a height of 0.75 inches, it will protect your heel from any severe injury due to striking of the ground. In fact, It has a very unique outer body athletic style, giving it a modern and trendy touch. And also The fresh foam midsole offers the feet a silky & soft cushioning for a comfortable walk.
The durable outsole gives the advantage of good wear resistance in tough terrains. In fact, The ultra-heel provides stability and keeps the upper and lower body aligned.
- Weighs 11.2 ounces
- A heel-to-toe drop of approximately 8mm
- Platform height measures around 0.75 inches
- Casual Athletic style shoe available in 42 different colors
- Imported sneaker with pure Synthetic outer body & bottom sole
- Fresh Foam midsole for a cloud-like light walk due to ultra-cushioning
- Endurance outsole to provide premium durability in high-wear terrains
- Ultra-Heel gives good fitting to the back of the foot for an increased supportive feel
Buyer’s Guide– Things to Consider Before Buying Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men
Before making that final payment decision for a pair of shoes you have chosen to buy, it’s important to look out for these key factors. You must consider these main features when purchasing footwear for a heavyweight person:
Good quality shoes can affect the health of your foot. While low-quality ones can constrict the blood circulation leading to lower limb pain and blisters. Hence, the proper fitting will provide stride stability and optimal balance to overweight people.
Good foamy padding in the footbed can safeguard your joints and tissues from injury. Due to the huge amount of bodyweight exertion, there will be a lot of stress on heels, ankles, and toes. Thus, a thick layer of cushioning is necessary to minimize the impact of shocks and foot striking the ground with great impact.
High Traction Outsole:
For better foot grip and increased friction in multiple terrains, So it is important to buy shoes with good traction in the bottom soles. This will safeguard all heavy-weight people from slip and fall accidents in the workplace. Thus, saving your body from major injuries.
Lightweight Outer Body:
A shoe that weighs less can help provide feather-like steps feeling during the walk. For heavy people using bulky shoes can cause strain in the limb muscles. It will be a painful experience to cover a few miles in such sneakers. Hence, buy lightweight shoes.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men
Q) Should overweight runners wear stability shoes?
A heavy-weight runner using an EVA midsole would get tired quickly than a lightweight one. Hence stable footwear is best for heavy runners.
Q) Do Heavier runners need more cushioned shoes?
Yes, heavy runners have greater body mass and they strike the ground with increased intensity. Hence, premium cushioning can absorb high-impact rebounds.
Q) Can you run when overweight?
Yes, to maintain the fitness levels both light & heavy weight can run to reduce obesity.
Q) Do heavier runners go through shoes faster?
A person with greater mass would strike the ground with more force. Hence, the heel of the shoe will wear out quickly
Visit For reviews on Best Shoes for Retail Workers